PBL CURRICULUM FOR GRADES 6 – 12
This course empowers the youth to pinpoint challenges within their community and strategize practical solutions for transformation. This module emphasizes leadership cultivation and outlines methods to rally others towards a unified purpose.
In this engaging and influential program, youth will:
- Identify a problem in their community and organize an action plan for change.
- Dive deep into leadership development and action steps to mobilize others with a shared mission.
- Take action steps to mobilize others in their community.
- Create a team and work collaboratively in understanding policies and legislative systems.
PROCESSES & ACTIVITIES
- Explore and Identify their Values.
- Develop a Common Vision & Strategy.
- Create the Plan & Evaluate the Results.
- Explore and Identify Career Pathways for themselves.
- Learning video production and editing skills.
- Learning basic digital graphic design skills.
- Setting and achieving personal goals.
- Start a movement.
- Create an awareness event.
- Connect to a politician.
- Create a 3-5 minute documentary video.
- Presenting findings to peers.
COURSE OUTLINE FOR EDUCATORS
- Introduction to Empowering Minds PBL Curricula
- Creating an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Effective Facilitation
- An Introduction to Project-Based Learning
- PBLWorks Gold Standards
- Introduction & Facilitation Training
- Knowledge Assessment
Community Organizing PBL Curriruclum
- Facilitator's Guide
- Prezi Presentation
- Evaluation Rubric
- Student's Final Project Example
All our project based learning curricula contain a career pathway component, which helps youth explore career options in various industries.
REAL WORLD LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Your students will participate in the virtual annual Symposium where they will present their projects to professionals & business owners.
Your high school students will get the opportunity to participate in the Youth Entrepreneurship Annual Competition.
MENTORSHIP & COACHING
Your students will also get a chance to receive coaching and mentorship from professionals & business owners and also valuable feedback.
Youth will learn to use Canva which is a free-to-use online graphic design tool used create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, logos and more.
Youth will learn to use Prezi, a web-based tool for creating presentations which uses different media types to help make whatever is being shown as engaging as possible.
Youth will learn to use Microsoft PowerPoint, a program that empowers you to create clean slideshow presentations and intricate pitch decks.
Youth will learn to create and edit videos using tools like Windows Movie Maker, adding music and record presentations and PSA as a group or as an individual.
Step-by-step Prezi Guide (Lesson Plans)
Subscribe for our Newsletter
Get a weekly dose of inspiration! Join our vibrant community of forward-thinking educators!