DIGITAL ART: CRAFTING VALUABLE COMMODITIES
PBL CURRICULUM FOR GRADES 3 – 12
In this immersive journey, youth will unravel the nuances of digital art and its significance in our contemporary world. Delving into the mechanics of NFTs, students will grasp their transformative role in the cryptocurrency era. Through in-depth research and observation, they'll gain a deeper appreciation of digital art within their communities. Equipped with this knowledge, they'll champion a digital art movement aimed at fostering positive change in the online realm. As a culmination, students will craft a passion project addressing a specific world issue they've identified with and express it in an Digital Art exhibit.
In this engaging and influential program, youth will:
- Understand the digital art world.
- Understand how the digital era has evolved in 21st century.
- Understand the global context of digital art.
- Dive deeper into researching NFTs and how they works.
- Create a passion project in digital art.
- Understand the UN Sustainability Development Goals.
- Use the UN Sustainability Goals to look at world issues from a global perspective and bring it down to a community perspective.
- Create a series of digital art and use the UN Sustainability Goals as a framework to create awareness about world issues.
PROCESSES & ACTIVITIES
- Discover what is digital art.
- Understand the digital art and how it fits into the current 21st century world.
- Understand how NFTs work and impacts the crypto currency era.
- Dive deeper into the digital art and your community through research and observation.
- Discover who are the experts or the people that are being affected?
- Propose a digital art movement that add a positive impact in the digital community.
- Understand what, where or who do we need to observe to better understand the problem?
- Develop unique art creations that convert into a crypto digital collectible.
- Create a Passion Project prototype to be presented at the iDEAS symposium.
COURSE OUTLINE FOR EDUCATORS
- Introduction to Curriculum
- Creating an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Effective Facilitation
- An Introduction to Project-Based Learning
- PBLWorks Gold Standards
- Introduction & Facilitation Training
- Knowledge Assessment
Digital Art: Crafting Valuable Commodities PBL Curriculum
- Facilitator's Guide
- Prezi Presentation
- Evaluation Rubric
- Student's Final Project Example
All our project based learning curricula contain a career pathway component, which helps youth explore career options in various industries.
REAL WORLD LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Your students will participate in the virtual annual Symposium where they will present their projects to professionals & business owners.
Your high school students will get the opportunity to participate in the Youth Entrepreneurship Annual Competition.
MENTORSHIP & COACHING
Your students will also get a chance to receive coaching and mentorship from professionals & business owners and also valuable feedback.
Youth will learn to use Canva which is a free-to-use online graphic design tool used create social media posts, presentations, posters, videos, logos and more.
Youth will learn to use Prezi, a web-based tool for creating presentations which uses different media types to help make whatever is being shown as engaging as possible.
Youth will learn to use Microsoft PowerPoint, a program that empowers you to create clean slideshow presentations and intricate pitch decks.
Youth will learn to create and edit videos using tools such as Windows Movie Maker, adding music and record presentations and PSA as a group or as an individual.
Step-by-step Prezi Guide (Lesson Plans)
Highlights of Students Projects
Youth team presented their project under Digital Art module during the annual Symposium. Industry partners and experts gave students feedback for their projects. We are so proud of our young people!